Have you ever woken up one day and wondered where the last few years had gone?
Welcome to my current dilemma. Don’t get me wrong, I’m young. I’m just barely starting my twenties. But, I don’t want to use that as an excuse to wait and keep myself from living. I mean really living. Experiencing new things and being able to smile back on all the crazy memories later on. There’s only so much time in our lives we have to do ALL the things we want to do, so why not start crossing those wishes and dreams off of our list and making them a reality NOW?
And thus, I decided to create my very own 30 before 30 list (at the age of 22 in 2013). Here goes!
The 30 before 30 Challenge
In no particular order, here are the 30 things I would like to cross off my bucket list before I hit the big 3-0:
Graduate college and receive my bachelors degree.
- Fall in love and get married.
- Learn to play the guitar.
- Backpack somewhere… anywhere. Just backpack for at least 2 days/nights.
- Travel out of the country. (I’ve only been to Mexico and Canada… I’m thinking Europe, people!)
Participate in a 5K event. Lose 10 lbs… just to be able to say I did 😉 Go to a restaurant alone. (I’ve been to the movies solo, however getting a full meal experience alone sounds daunting… but I’m up for the challenge!)
- Write a will. (I know, I know… how morbid. But, you never know what can happen.)
- Complete 30 Pinterest projects (and review them for the blog, eh? Whether I’m a success or failure! ;]) #1, #2, #3, #4
- Escape to a new paradise. (Stay at an all-inclusive resort by the beach, go on a mediterranean cruise, hike the jungles in a tropical location… you get the picture!)
- Get a facial. (the fact that I’m in my 20s and have never had one seems sacrilegious, doesn’t it?)
- Float in a sensory deprivation tank.
Go on a girls-only trip.Completed: SEE HERE
- Fly in a helicopter.
Jump from a waterfall. See the San Francisco bridge.
- Submit an article or essay into a magazine.
- Attend NYE at Times Square.
- Ride in a hot air balloon.
- Party and gamble (just a little!) in Vegas.
Go to New Orleans… possibly for Mardi Gras.
- Take cooking classes.
- Do project 365 without skipping a day.
Rent my first “big girl” (solo) apartment.
- Buy an actual piece of artwork or furniture for said apartment (a one-of-a-kind statement piece, not the knock-off stuff from Target or IKEA).
- Do a “cleanse” for one solid week. (Juicing, possibly?)
- Have a real, fresh macaron.
- Give Blood.
- Go wine-tasting.
I’m excited for this journey, and have already started to plan some of these tasks. I hope you’ll join me during this trip, and maybe even create your own bucket list! Have you created a bucket/resolution list in the past? Did you follow through with all the items?
By Sarah Beacom
|Sarah is a Marketing Project Coordinator at Research Now.|
Sarah writes about events, experiences, and happenings around Dallas, Texas and Plano.
Sarah is a blogger, foodie, and brand advocate, dedicating her free time to DIY craft tutorials, creating new recipes, and reviewing products.